NRA Personal Protection in the Home
Time & Location
About the Event
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR DIRECTLY AT (845) 379-1479
This course transitions the experienced shooter from a marksmanship shooting mindset to a defensive shooting mindset.
*** Basic marksmanship shooting skills MUST be possessed by the student prior to enrolling in this course. ***
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to defensive shooting
- Basic defensive pistol skills
- State specific firearms and the law, possession, ownership, and the use of deadly force
- Strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation
- Selecting a pistol for self-defense
- and much more...
Prerequisites: Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.
- A quality defensive firearm (minimum .380 for semi-autos or .38spl for revolvers)
- 2 magazines or speed loaders
- Minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition
- Optical and hearing protection
- A baseball style cap
- NRA PPITH$200$2000$0