Sun, Oct 16|
Hudson Valley Shooting Sports
NRA Personal Protection in the Home Course
Learn the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential for the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to acquire information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense in the home.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2022, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Hudson Valley Shooting Sports, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR DIRECTLY AT (845) 379-1479
This course transitions the experienced shooter from a marksmanship shooting mindset to a defensive shooting mindset.
*** Basic marksmanship shooting skills MUST be possessed by the student prior to enrolling in this course. ***
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to defensive shooting
- Basic defensive pistol skills
- State specific firearms and the law, possession, ownership, and the use of deadly force
- Strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation
- Selecting a pistol for self-defense
- and much more...
Prerequisites: Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.
- A quality defensive firearm (minimum 9mm for semi-autos or .38 for revolvers)
- 2 magazines or speed loaders
- Minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition
- Optical and hearing protection
- A baseball style cap
NRA PPITH Course