Sun, Jun 25|
Hudson Valley Shooting Sports
NYS 8hr Armed Annual Security
NYS mandated annual course for armed security guards
Time & Location
Jun 25, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hudson Valley Shooting Sports, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
Presented by Integrum Consulting, Inc.
Training for security guards was mandated by the Security Guard Act of 1992. The Act requires that all security guards complete three training courses. Armed guards are required to complete two additional training courses. All courses must be conducted at approved training schools, by certified instructors. The Division of Criminal Justice Services, Office of Public Safety provides administrative oversight for private security training in New York State.
A security guard as defined in Article 7A of the General Business Law [§89-f (6)] is a person (other than an active police officer) employed in NYS to principally perform one or more of the following duties, and the person is not performing the functions of a private investigator as defined in Section 71 of Article 7 of the General Business Law:
- protection of persons and/or property from harm, theft, and/or unlawful activity;
- deterrence, observation, detection, and/or reporting unlawful or unauthorized activity;
- street patrol service;
- response to, but not installation or service of, a security system alarm.
This course must be completed each calendar year you hold an armed security guard registration. Your registration is issued for two years, therefore, you must complete two 8 Hour Annual Firearms training courses within your registration effective and expiration dates to be eligible for renewal.
This course shall include three hours of classroom refresher on the Use of Force followed by a written examination, and five hours of weapons qualification which includes a proficiency examination. The guard must complete this course as a prerequisite for renewal of his or her armed guard registration.
- A valid NYS Pistol Permit
- A valid NYS Armed Security Guard License
Course also includes:
- All classroom and range instruction
- Range fees
- Course completion certificate
Students should bring:
- A safe, operational firearm
- 100 rounds of ammunition minimum
- 3 magazines minimum
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball style cap
- A quality strong side hip holster able to be secured to the belt
- A quality belt
- Magazine pouch
NYS 8 Hr Armed Annual Security
Mandatory NYS Armed Annual Course