Sat, Dec 03|
OFT Essential Close Quarters Pistol
This class is designed to aid those individuals who carry concealed or intend to carry concealed and are seeking self-defense skills for when their everyday environment gives them spatial challenges.
Time & Location
Dec 03, 7:00 PM
Carmel Hamlet, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
Close Quarter Defensive Pistol takes the student out of his comfort zone and removes that “safe personal space” we are used to working with.
The student will learn how to draw, manipulate, shoot, and reload with confined spaces and limited distances.
This class will help build skills, techniques and confidence for the experienced or intermediate shooter. This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to refresh and practice their skills as well as learn something new.
Students should dress as they normally do in their day to day concealed carry environment.
All students must have a valid current New York State issued pistol permit, understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals. Experience with working to and from and shooting from a holster, engaging multiple targets, and various shooting positions highly recommended.
Start time is 9:30am.
Students are expected to arrive no later than 9:15am for set up and range safety briefing.
The class curriculum contains:
– Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
– Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
– Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
– Drawing from concealment
– Dry fire / live fire drills.
– Malfunctions and stoppages.
– Reloading techniques.
– Reality based defense drills and techniques.
– Strong hand and support hand shooting.
– Engaging multiple targets.
– Retention and disarms
– Close quarter drills
– Gear discussion/selection.
– Alternate shooting positions
All students must bring:
– Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice.
– Minimum of 500 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammo).
– Quality eye and ear protection.
– Four magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc.
– Sturdy belt and quality holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. Kydex preferred. (No Blackhawk SERPA, Alien Gear, Fobus, or Uncle Mike’s holsters – We recommend: Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, Dark Star Gear, C&G Holsters, Raven Concealment, G-Code, Concealment Express.)
– An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
OFT Essential CQ Pistol