Wed, Mar 29|
On Sight Firearms Training Pistol Skills Builder Classes
Develop your skills with weekly pistol drills
Time & Location
Mar 29, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Carmel Hamlet, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
Class start at 6:00pm, students should arrive no later than 5:45pm for set up, safety and first aid briefing.
This is a multifaceted class designed to introduce the beginner or intermediate shooter to the various aspects of efficient, effective and accurate pistol shooting fundamentals and foundational skills. If you are new to shooting, a new pistol owner, this is a great opportunity to learn and familiarize yourself with your firearm, in a safe, friendly, professional setting with qualified instructors. Intermediate and advanced shooters will also benefit as we will help diagnose and correct any shooting errors or problem areas to help improve your shooting abilities.
This is also an opportunity to work on any areas that the shooter themselves would like to request.COURSE BREAKDOWN:
- – Range orientation
- – Firearms safety
- – Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through) and how and why they apply to shooting.
- – Warm-up drills
- – Ready positions
- – Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
- – Dry fire / live fire drills.
- – Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
- – Accuracy and speed development drills.
- – Engaging multiple targets.
- – Gear discussion/selection.
- – Alternate shooting positions
- – Q & A
- -Quality functional semi-automatic pistol
- -4 magazines minimum
- -Minimum of 200 rounds of regular target ammunition.
- -Belt mounted, dominant side holster / kydex holster —PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. NO BLACKHAWK SERPA holsters. We recommend holsters from Dark Star Gear, Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, Concealment Express C&G Holsters & G-Code. – for more info please visit: https://oftllc.us/friends-links/
- -Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
- -Ammunition dump pouch (optional)
- -Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- -Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
- -Clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather.
- -Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- -Earmuffs and earplugs
- -Notebook and pen for note taking
- -Humble willing to learn attitude
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.comADDITIONAL INFO:
This course is limited to 10 students only. First 10 to buy tickets will attend. Students are encouraged to bring their own lunch and beverages.
DEWALT PISTOL SKILL BUILDER