Mon, Jul 18|
Pistol Skill Orientation
This is a multifaceted class designed to introduce the beginner or intermediate shooter to the various aspects of efficient, effective and accurate pistol shooting fundamentals and foundational skills. If you are new to shooting, a new pistol owner, this is a great opportunity to learn.
Time & Location
Jul 18, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Carmel Hamlet, 39 Seminary Hill Rd, Carmel Hamlet, NY 10512, USA
About the Event
– Range orientation
– Firearms safety
– Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through) and how and why they apply to shooting.
– Warm-up drills
– Ready positions
– Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
– Dry fire / live fire drills.
– Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
– Accuracy and speed development drills.
– Engaging multiple targets.
– Gear discussion/selection.
– Alternate shooting positions
– Q & A
-Quality functional semi-automatic pistol
-4 magazines minimum
-Minimum of 200 rounds of regular target ammunition.
-Belt mounted, dominant side holster / kydex holster —PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. NO BLACKHAWK SERPA holsters. We recommend holsters from Dark Star Gear, Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, Concealment Express C&G Holsters & G-Code. – for more info please visit: https://oftllc.us/friends-links/
-Magazine or loading device pouches / magazine carrier, etc.
-Ammunition dump pouch (optional)
-Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
-Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning with good ankle support.
-Clothing suitable for training in any weather – long pants – long sleeve shirt, hoodie or jacket for cold weather.
-Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
-Earmuffs and earplugs
-Notebook and pen for note taking
-Humble willing to learn attitude
OFT Pistol Skill Orientation